For each kind of coaching, the underlying principles are very similar :
We will work together to:
- Establish some clear objectives – be they specific goals or broader themes
- Develop a deeper understanding of what is important to you and the underlying motivations and purposes
- Imagine some alternate futures and how you and others might perceive them
- Define some appropriate steps forward, and a method of assessing progress towards your objectives.
You can expect me to:
- Be genuinely interested in you as a person and how you can develop
- Be non-judgemental at all times
- Listen intently to try to fully understand what you are communicating verbally and physically
- Be committed to helping you get the best outcome
I would expect you to:
- Be open to me – and most importantly – to yourself
- Be prepared to consider many possibilities and options, not limited by today’s realities
- Be committed to helping yourself to get the best outcome
This can be very flexible depending on the situation, the urgency and your availability. The normal process would be :
- A free initial session to explore whether I could help, and whether we both feel that that we could work well together. We would also discuss what some of your specific objectives would be from an engagement.
- We agree a coaching contract. This would normally be for a 3 month or a 6 month period and would include an agreed number of sessions and follow up emails. Sessions are normally 90 minutes to 2 hours and can be face to face or over a video link.
- For a specific intervention – or a particular strategy related discussion – a one-off session can be set up which could be from 2 hours to a full day depending on the requirement.
If you’d like to explore this further please contact me on +44 7740 533007 or at email@example.com